Friday, September 30, 2011

Asssingment #6 Pablo Picasso Cubist Painting



Me With a Twist

My Picasso painting is called “Light Shadow”. My main influence on my painting was the color Picasso used. He influenced me to show the significance in my painting, which was light and dark. Picasso used different colors in different era paintings. I wanted my painting to look like Picasso’s are in a way, but yet somehow have my own taste and incorporation in it. In my work of art i used Line, Color, and shape. My biggest incorporation was my face, yet i made it look like a Picasso self portrait.

To create my artwork I worked in the multi media medium. It was as self portrait of myself, in which i took a picture of myself and uploaded it to photo shop. Then I warped and painted my portrait to make it look like a Picasso painting. The assignment was to create a self portrait of yourself, but to make it look like if Picasso had painted it in one of his era’s. I made it look a lot like his cubism period in which Picasso made most of his art work with shapes.

I used Value in my Picasso self portrait painting, on the left side of painting i put very light colors and bright, then to my right side i put dark colors to show the nice and mean side of me. I also used lines to show the edges and where things ended on my portrait. I mostly used it around my face and half of my body. I also used color to show the lightness of my portrait and significance in it. The final element of design i used was shape to resemble to Picasso’s cubism period.

In my portrait I wanted to show two sides of my self, but yet still incorporate Picasso’ style in my painting. On the left side of the painting I put light lines and light color painting on the left side of my face. I put to show how happy i can be, and also nice. On the right side of my face i used dark colors and no lines to show the mean and sad part of me. Overall I used a happy and sad emotions.

Of all the portraits i have made of myself, I believe this portrait was my most successful. It really looks like a Picasso painting. If i could do something to improve, I would take more time in studying Picasso art work to be on point.

No comments:

Post a Comment